Thomas Shepherd Inn
Room Six at Thomas Shepherd Inn
Private room | Shepherdstown
Enjoy gracious hospitality set in the heart of beautiful Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Our historic Inn is steps from everything this vibrant community has to offer.
Our tastefully decorated rooms blend history and comfort to ensure a memorable and restful experience. Curl up with a good book in the library, sip a refreshing drink or just de-stress on the veranda or the beautiful shaded gardens.
Stroll down German Street and discover the delightful shops and restaurants of Shepherdstown. Or venture a bit further to explore America’s past at Antietam Battlefield or Harper’s Ferry. Plan a hike on the Appalachian Trail or take a bike ride on the C&O Canal Path. Enjoy some water adventures on the Potomac River or go on a tour of nearby vineyards.
Each morning in the parlor we provide a delightful breakfast buffet with pastries, cheeses, yogurt, cereals, milk, juice, coffee, and tea.
- Full en suite bath
- Comfy queen bed
- Sleeper sofa
- Writing desk
- Off-street parking
- RFull-length monogrammed robes
- RIce maker
- RCoffee always on in common area
- RFast wireless internet
- RLinens, towels, soap and shampoo
- RHair dryer
- R4K TV with streaming apps and live TV (on request)
You’ll be walking distance to:
• Shepherd University
• C&O Canal towpath (1 mile)
• Bike and kayak rentals
It’s also just a short drive to:
• Antietam National Battlefield (5 miles)
• Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
• River rafting and kayaking
• Charles Town Races
Things you should know
• The inn is not suitable for children under 10 years old
• Pets are not allowed.
• No parties or events
• Smoking is prohibited
• Noise must be kept to a minimum after 9pm
• Check in anytime after 3pm
• Check out by 11am unless prior arrangements have been made
There is a motion-sensing security camera outside the guest entrance. There are no surveillance cameras inside the inn.