at the Thomas Shepherd Inn
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a $50 non-refundable charge to a valid credit card (obtained at the time of booking). This charge will be applied to your total outstanding balance at check in, or to the $50 cancellation fee charged for any cancellation. Because we are a small inn, cancellations greatly affect us. When guests reserve a room, we agree to turn away all other requests for that room and the guests agree to pay the rate quoted for the number of days reserved.
- If guests cancel or change a reservation in any way less than 3 days in advance, for any reason, they are subject to one night’s room charge for the cancellation. If guests cancel or change a reservation in any way less than 24 hours in advance, or do not arrive for the reservation as scheduled, or depart early, they are subject to charge for the entire stay booked. Reservations of three or more rooms will be subject to a 30-day notice for cancellation and an advance nonrefundable deposit. Special cancellation policies are in effect for events and holidays.
- Smoking, vaping, and candles are not allowed inside the Inn due to West Virginia state fire codes. Additionally, smoking or vaping are not permitted anywhere on the property. We must adhere strictly to this policy due to insurance and fire laws. If you smoke or vape in the Inn you will be charged a $250.00 cleaning fee, and you will be asked to check out.
- Pet Policy: Due to allergies of many guests, we do not have any pets, and we cannot allow guests to bring pets. Thank you for your understanding. If you are traveling with pets, there is a nearby Inn that allows for pets.
- Check-in hours are 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM. Late check in can be accommodated by prior arrangement. Earlier check-in may be able to be accommodated with advance notice.
- The Inn is not suited for children. We are an age 21 and over Inn. We may allow 18 and over if accompanied by a parent or guardian, and ID’s will be requested. If you are planning to bring YOUR child age 18-21, please call the Innkeeper to discuss prior to making a reservation.