at the Thomas Shepherd Inn
- Reservations: Reservations must be guaranteed with a 25% deposit, which is a NONREFUNDABLE reservation fee charged to a valid credit card (obtained at the time of booking). This charge will be applied to your total outstanding balance which is charged the day before you are due to check in. Because we are a small inn, cancellations greatly affect us. When guests reserve a room, we agree to turn away all other requests for that room and the guests agree to pay the rate quoted for the number of days reserved. If guests cancel less that 36 hours prior to check-in, do not arrive for their reservation, or depart early, they are subject to charge for the entire stay booked. There is a special cancellation policy for the month of July.
- Smoking, vaping, and candles are not allowed inside the Inn due to West Virginia state fire codes. Additionally, smoking or vaping are not permitted anywhere on the property. We must adhere strictly to this policy due to insurance and fire laws. If you smoke or vape in the Inn you will be charged a $250.00 cleaning fee, and you will be asked to check out.
- Pet Policy: Due to allergies of many guests, we do not have any pets, and we cannot allow guests to bring pets. Thank you for your understanding. If you are traveling with pets, there is a nearby Inn that allows for pets.
- Check-in hours are 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM. Late check in can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
- Children: The Inn is not suited for children. We are an age 21 and over Inn. We may allow 18 and over if accompanied by a parent or guardian, and ID’s will be requested. If you are planning to bring YOUR child age 18-21, please call the Innkeeper to discuss prior to making a reservation.